Join your fellow forest advocates at IFA?s 2017 Members Gathering.?It’s an afternoon of updates and dialogue on forest advocacy … and an evening of fun. You can:
- Hear about IFA’s latest forest-saving strategies around the state
- Dig into a tasty potluck dinner (bring a dish to share!)
- Take a spin on the square dance floor or just enjoy the live music
- Enjoy the bonfire?… and stay overnight if you like in your own tent or a rustic cabin
- Explore the backcountry charm of the Lazy Black Bear Lodge & Farm: a truly Hoosier gathering place
2 – 5:30 pm | Meeting: 2017 victories & 2018 plans
5:30 – 6:30 pm | Potluck Dinner: bring a dish
7 – 10 p.m. | Square dance, called by Tamara Loewenthal, with music by the Westside Alley Cats
(dance cost: $10 for non-IFA members; free for members. No advance registration required: pay at the door)
Scroll down to RSVP for the member meeting.
The Lazy Black Bear is a rustic retreat near Paoli, Indiana in the heart of the Hoosier National Forest.
Note: the Lazy Black Bear is a fragrance-free zone: no scented products, please. No pets allowed.
You may stay overnight at the Lazy Black Bear. You can tent camp, or reserve one of the unusual camping accommodations?for a nominal fee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a camping/sleeping spot. Pay IFA IN CASH upon arrival.
[Contact IFA at email@example.com for carpool info from Bloomington or Indy].
Paoli is 50 miles south of Bloomington on Highway 37 and 50 miles west of Louisville, Kentucky, on US Highway 150. The address of the Lazy Black Bear is?3875 S County Rd 50 W. But please do not rely completely on GPS or Google Maps; please check out these instructions, too.
From Paoli: Go 2.5 miles south on Highway 37. At the first crossroads (watch for a brown and white sign that says: Hoosier National Forest Youngs Creek Horse Trail), turn right on CR 250 S.
After you turn on C.R. 250 S: Go west 1 mile. Watch for another horse trail sign. Turn left (south) on County Road 50 W; go past the horse camp (one and a half miles). Go straight through the open gate to the Lazy Black Bear.
From I-64: Take Highway 37 North exit to English. Go 13 miles past English. Watch for a brown and white sign that says: Hoosier National Forest Youngs Creek Horse Trail. Turn left on CR 250 S (look for blue & white mile-marker 52) then follow directions above.
Sign up below to let us know you are attending the IFA Member Meeting.
- Not an IFA member, but want to be? Join here. And attend the square dance for free.
- Not sure of your IFA member status? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEMBER MEETING RSVP:
November 4, 2017
Meeting (2:30-5 p.m.) Dance (7-10 p.m.)