Help IFA celebrate Earth Week by taking part in one of several stay-at-home or outdoor activities:
- Join us at 7 p.m. Wednesday for the Earth Day online premiere of a film that explores the plight of the Northern long-eared bat. Watch IFA’s amazing search for the bat in the Hoosier National Forest on Facebook or YouTube in a documentary produced by Katelyn Calhoun of Teardrop Pictures.
- Throughout the week, enjoy the outdoors while maintaining your social distance. That’s difficult on crowded urban recreational trails such as the Monon in Indianapolis. But there are plenty of wide-open spaces on the wilderness trails in Indiana’s state forests. Check out these recommendations.
- Take part in our clean-up challenge. From 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, collect trash and debris from public wooded lots, forests and streams. Then immediately post photos of you with your collection on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #IFAEarthWeek. The person who collects the most trash wins an IFA T-shirt!
- Do citizen science. Document the biodiversity around you for Indy’s third City Nature Challenge. #IndyCNC
- Protect Indiana’s forests by submitting your comments in response to a logging plan in southern Indiana. Comments are due April 22.
- For more Earth Day activities, check out this IndyStar story.