FULL TIME JOB OPENING, August 2015
POSITION: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Description: ?This individual will direct a program to build a support base throughout Indiana for IFA. ?The person must have excellent communicative and visioning skills and passionately support IFA?s forest protection mission. Experience in grant writing, fundraising appeals, and event planning is a plus, as is the ability to solicit personal donations. The job is based in Indianapolis, but will involve regular speaking engagements and traveling throughout Indiana. Reliable transportation needed.
Duties and Functions:
- Develops a strong grasp of IFA?s mission and articulates cogent and compelling reasons to give to IFA;
- Approaches individuals, businesses, organizations, and other institutions to give to IFA and/or become members of the organization. Works with staff and the Board, particularly members of the Board?s Fundraising Committee, to undertake these approaches;
- Develops levels of support for the organization;
- Works with staff to locate support for IFA?s mission among foundations and draft grant requests to support IFA programs as outlined in IFA?s Strategic Plan. Develops working relationships with foundation staff. Ensures that foundation reporting requirements are met;
- Plans, publicizes, and directs IFA?s fundraising events;
- Directs and implements mass solicitation of support through mail (including through IFA?s newsletter and direct mail appeals), email, social networking and the internet;
- Investigates and pursues other means of fundraising such as telemarketing, work place giving, bequests, etc.;
- Develops materials with which to fundraise; and
- Develops IFA policies for fundraising and ensures that fundraising is in keeping with policies of the organization.
Reports To: Executive Director
TO APPLY: Mail or email resume and cover letter to: ??
Indiana Forest Alliance
5819 Lowell Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 11th, 2015