Logging Plans Open for Comment
See January 12 blog post about Hoosier National Forest. Act now–write to officials to stop this project.
POSTED December 30, 2019 / Comments DUE January 28, 2020
- Owen-Putnam State Forest Compartment 2 Tract 2
- Owen-Putnam State Forest Compartment 8 Tract 3
- Owen-Putnam State Forest Compartment 8 Tract 10
- Owen-Putnam State Forest Compartment 9 Tract 7
Watch a video response to the DRMG by Kurt Kemp, Owen-Putnam Friends of the Forest.
How to Comment in Four Steps
- Prepare a statement in a Word or text document. It can be as short as 100 words or as long as you want. Put in your own words why you don’t want to see this forest logged. Consider these ideas for points you can make. And read an example of IFA comments.
- Visit the DoF’s website at http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/8122.htm and copy and paste your comments into the online form. IF THE FORM IS NOT VISIBLE, click on the “Form Not Displaying” link. The form should then pop up. Note: write a separate comment for each logging plan. Where it says “Subject or File Reference (PDF),” insert the name of the forest, compartment, and tract, i.e., “Owen-Putnam, Compartment 8, Tract 10”
- Send a message to email@example.com to let us know you submitted a comment! After the deadline, your comments will likely appear here on the DoF website: http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/3634.htm.
- Contact elected officials in the areas where you recreate. After all, your dollars speak!
- Contact Governor Eric Holcomb to ask him to halt this logging in areas that impact wildlife, waterway health, and hiking trails! Also, contact your state senator and representative. Not sure who yours are? Find out here.
Read past comments made by the Indiana Forest Alliance.