Logging Plans Open for Comment
- Clark State Forest Compartment 10 Tract 4
- Clark State Forest Compartment 11 Tract 5
- Clark State Forest Compartment 11 Tract 6
- Clark State Forest Compartment 15 Tract 3
How to Comment in Four Steps
- Prepare a statement in a Word or text document. It can be as short as 100 words or as long as you want. Put in your own words why you don’t want to see this forest logged. Consider these ideas for points you can make. And read an example of IFA comments.
- Visit the DoF’s website at http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/8122.htm and copy and paste your comments into the online form. IF THE FORM IS NOT VISIBLE, click on the “Form Not Displaying” link. The form should then pop up. Note: write a separate comment for each logging plan. Where it says “Subject or File Reference (PDF),” insert the name of the forest, compartment, and tract, i.e., “Clark, Compartment 10, Tract 4”
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you submitted a comment! After the deadline, your comments will likely appear here on the DoF website: http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/3634.htm.
- Contact Governor Eric Holcomb to ask him to halt this logging in areas that impact wildlife, waterway health, and hiking trails! Also, contact your state senator and representative. Not sure who yours are? Find out here.
Read past comments made by the Indiana Forest Alliance.