- Ferdinand State Forest, Compartment 6, Tract 5 [this 127-acre tract is popular with deer hunters. It’s also habitat for the Northern Leopard Frog which is a species of special concern].
- Pike State Forest, Compartment 9, Tract 7
- Owen-Putnam State Forest, Compartment 6, Tract 3 [Group tree selection will be used to clear cut areas as a large as 9 acres. This forest is habitat for the Eastern Box Turtle which is a species of special concern].
- Frances Slocum State Forest, Compartment 2, Tract 1 [This plan proposes to log almost 1/3 of the entire state forest, one of the smallest in the state. Logging will occur along the scenic Missessinewa River].
- Jackson-Washington State Forest, Compartment 5, Tract 8 [this cut is in the middle of IFA’s proposed Starve Hollow Wild Area, which has a wonderful, rugged 5-mile trail and lake].
If you have time, write a quick email to email@example.com to let us know you did this! After the deadline, your comments will likely appear here on the DOF website: http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/3634.htm.