Logging Plans Open for Comment
- Harrison-Crawford Compartment 4, Tract 6
- Harrison-Crawford Compartment 4, Tract 7
- Harrison-Crawford Compartment 5, Tract 4
- Harrison-Crawford Compartment 14, Tract 9
When you comment on this plan, please send a copy of your comments to District Forester Abby Irwin to oppose the logging plan for Compartment 31, Tract 1 (and/or any other tract listed above) in Harrison-Crawford State Forest. Let her know why you care about our forests and hiking trails and cite the reasons why you want to protect it. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Comment in Four Steps
- Prepare a statement in a Word or text document. It can be as short as 100 words or as long as you want. Put in your own words why you don’t want to see this forest logged. Consider these ideas for points you can make. And read an example of IFA comments.
- Visit the DoF’s website at http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/8122.htm and copy and paste your comments into the online form.IF THE FORM IS NOT VISIBLE, click on the “Form Not Displaying” link. The form should then pop up.Note: write a separate comment for each logging plan.Where it says “Subject or File Reference (PDF),” insert the name of the forest, compartment and tract, i.e.: “Clark, Compartment 3, Tract 6”
- Send a message to email@example.com to let us know you submitted a comment! After the deadline, your comments will likely appear here on the DoF website: http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/3634.htm.
- Contact Governor Eric Holcomb to ask him to halt this logging in areas that impact wildlife, waterway health, and hiking trails! Also contact your state senator and representative. Not sure who yours are. Find out here.
Read past comments made by the Indiana Forest Alliance.