Logging Plans Open for Comment
Current DRMG: Harrison-Crawford State Forest
POSTED March 24, 2020 / Comments DUE by April 22, 2020
https://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/3635.htm (link to download DRMG directly)
Compartment 18 Tract 7
Compartment 22 Tract 7
Compartment 26 Tract 1
Compartment 27 Tract 1
How to Comment in Four Steps
- Prepare a statement in a Word or text document. It can be as short as 100 words or as long as you want. Put in your own words why you don’t want to see this forest logged. Consider these ideas for points you can make. And read an example of IFA comments.
- Visit the DoF’s website at http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/8122.htm and copy and paste your comments into the online form. IF THE FORM IS NOT VISIBLE, click on the “Form Not Displaying” link. The form should then pop up. Note: write a separate comment for each logging plan. Where it says “Subject or File Reference (PDF),” insert the name of the forest, compartment, and tract, i.e., “Owen-Putnam, Compartment 8, Tract 10”
- Send a message to email@example.com to let us know you submitted a comment! After the deadline, your comments will likely appear here on the DoF website: http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/3634.htm.
- Contact elected officials in the areas where you recreate. After all, your dollars speak!
- Contact Governor Eric Holcomb to ask him to halt this logging in areas that impact wildlife, waterway health, and hiking trails! Also, contact your state senator and representative. Not sure who yours are? Find out here.
Read past comments made by the Indiana Forest Alliance.