Jobs & Internships
No positions are open at this time.
At the Indiana Forest Alliance, we use a variety of interns and work to design an internship that best suits each person’s interests, abilities, and field of study.
Our internships generally are unpaid but help build skills, opportunities, and connections that can help you throughout your career.
Conservation interns may:
- Help with the creation of GIS maps (familiarity with ArcGIS and/or GoogleEarth software is very helpful).
- Research to help develop a system for trading forest carbon credits in Indiana to mitigate climate change.
- Research specific forest issues and write research papers, proofread documents, and write communication materials that distill complex scientific materials.
- Conduct forest data analysis
- Study biology of particular species. Helpful skills include bird and/or tree identification or experience with other species such as insects, fungi, mammals or amphibians. Must be able to hike on rough terrain.
- Take videos and notes to document key research. (Video editing experience is highly valued.)
Communication interns may:
- Write content for blog posts, newsletter articles, printed collateral, and press releases.
- Develop social media posts, stories, and campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Create photos and videos to promote activities on our website and social media. (Video editing experience is highly valued.)
- Maintain a growing list of media contacts and help pitch stories.
- Conduct media research and interview experts on forest ecology and other critical environmental topics.
Development interns may:
- Assist with donor acknowledgment.
- Enter donor data into Bloomerang.
- Research business sponsorship opportunities for major events such as the Wild and Scenic Film Festival and Forage Feast.
- Help prepare materials for solicitation.
- Research matching gift opportunities for existing donors.
- Draft donor communications.
- Assist in the planning and execution of major fundraising events and activities.