Indiana Forest Alliance (IFA) is a non-profit, statewide organization of individuals dedicated to the long-term health and well-being of Indiana’s native forests. We are volunteers and full-time staff working to protect and restore Indiana’s forests.
IFA serves citizens, organizations, landowners and communities with a wide range of interests in Indiana’s forests. We provide accurate information to the people of Indiana to involve them in efforts to protect Indiana’s forests and ensure their opportunities for input into decision-making that affects forests. We speak out for the native animals, plants and other creatures who survive in Indiana’s forests and cannot speak for themselves.
Through expert research, influential advocacy, effective organizing, powerful storytelling, and when necessary, litigation, the Indiana Forest Alliance will ensure that the integrity of Indiana’s forest ecosystem thrives as a natural resource to benefit native wildlife, soil, air and water quality; and as the emblem of our natural heritage. By leading a coalition of citizens, organizations and decision-makers, Indiana Forest Alliance will establish, protect, and restore forests for future generations.
To preserve and restore Indiana’s native hardwood ecosystem for the enjoyment of all.
Indiana Forest Alliance accomplishes its mission in five ways
- By utilizing and collaborating with experts and researchers from leading universities and other institutions to document the value of preserving the natural diversity of forests in Indiana.
- By effectively advocating before the Indiana General Assembly, and federal, state and local agencies.
- By reaching out, educating and organizing individuals and groups who share our passion for protecting forests in Indiana.
- By humanizing the forest issues, articulating the importance and benefits of people being in nature, telling stories about citizens impacted, and leveraging the power of images.
- By seeking judicial relief, if appropriate, when all other options have been exhausted.
Read the Indiana Forest Alliance’s Strategic Plan