If you’re a forest advocate, don’t miss the annual IFA Member Meeting Saturday, November 3. Why attend? You can:
- Hear about IFA’s latest forest-saving strategies and how you can play a role
- Dig into a tasty potluck dinner
- Hear a nature-focused concert with folksinger & multi-instrumentalist Christopher Layer.
- Explore the rustic charm of beautiful Wasatch Lake, a 300-acre woodland in Owen County, Indiana (just one hour southwest of Indianapolis and one hour northwest of Bloomington)
- Take part in a hike at Owen-Putnam State Forest
- Enjoy a bonfire
- If you like, book your own cabin (2-night minimum), or primitive-camp in one of three campgrounds at nearby Owen-Putnam State Forest (Rattlesnake, Horseman’s or Fish Creek: $12 fee, payable to DNR)
11 am – 1:30 pm | Hike in Owen-Putnam State Forest (optional)
2:00 – 4:45 pm | Meeting: 2018 victories, 2019 plans, awards, board elections, and more
4:45 – 6:00 pm | Enjoy Wastach Lake!
6:00 – 7:00 pm | Potluck Dinner: bring a dish
7:00 – 8:30 pm | Concert: Songs of Love & Nature with musician Christopher Layer features songs, dance tunes, and a multitude of bagpipes and flutes from Spain, Scotland, Ireland and France. Free for IFA members; $6 public.
8:30 – 10:00 pm | Bonfire
MEMBER MEETING LOCATION:
7301 Wasatch Lake Rd.
Poland IN 47868
(near Owen-Putnam State Forest)