(SCROLL DOWN FOR THE RSVP FORM)
If you’re a forest advocate (or want to be one), don’t miss the annual IFA Member Meeting Saturday, November 3. Why attend? You can:
- Hear about IFA’s latest forest-saving strategies and how you can play a role
- Dig into a tasty dinner (if you are able, bring drinks, bread, veggies, salad, fruit, dessert, or chips … it doesn’t have to be homemade! IFA provides the main course). And several varieties of Sun King beer will be for sale.
- Hear a Celtic music concert with world-class winds musician Christopher Layer
- Explore the rustic charm of beautiful Wasatch Lake, a 300-acre woodland in Owen County, Indiana (just one hour southwest of Indianapolis and one hour northwest of Bloomington. Wasatch Lake is a complex of cabins, trails and a lake. The lake on the property used to be known as Barnes Lake. Wasatch Lake mapping address: 7301 Wasatch Lake Rd., Poland IN 47868. CLICK HERE FOR WRITTEN DRIVING DIRECTIONS.
- Take part in a hike at Owen-Putnam State Forest led by Owen County resident Kurt Kemp
- Enjoy a bonfire
- If you like, primitive-camp at nearby Owen-Putnam State Forest?at the Fish Creek campground ($13 fee, payable to DNR)
*** TIMING: (view the detailed agenda here)
11 am – 1:30 pm | Hike in Owen-Putnam State Forest (optional). Meet at Wasatch Lake Longhouse Lodge and carpool to the forest.
2:00 – 4:45 pm | Meeting (at the Longhouse Lodge): 2018 victories, 2019 plans, awards, board elections, and more
4:45 – 6:00 pm | Enjoy/explore Wastach Lake!
6:00 – 7:00 pm | Dinner
7:00 – 8:30 pm | Concert:?Songs of Love & Nature with musician?Christopher Layer features songs, dance tunes, and a multitude of bagpipes and flutes from Spain, Scotland, Ireland and France.?Free for IFA members; $6 public.
8:30 pm | Bonfire (with Sun King beer)
7301 Wasatch Lake Rd.
(near Owen-Putnam State Forest)